| 1800 REVERSE | 1300 RUBBISH | 1300 CAR LOAN |
| 1300 COURIER | 1800 EWASTE |
1800 EWASTE is Australia's largest electronic waste (ewaste) removal company and a truly innovative, industry leader.
1800 EWASTE collect & recycle all types of ewaste with 98% of the product by weight diverted from landfill.
Some EWASTE facts:
- In 2006, there were about 1.6 million computers disposed of in landfill, another 1.8 million in storage, and 5.3 million gathering dust on top shelves and in garages across the country. Only 500,000 were recycled.
- An estimated 92.5 million electronic items are held in Australian homes.
- The Bureau of Statistics said Australians buy more than 2.4 million new computers each year. It estimates Australians will replace 9 million computers, 5 million printers and 2 million scanners within the next two years.
- On average a computer is 23% plastic, 32% ferrous metals, 18% non-ferrous metals (lead, cadmium, antimony, beryllium, chromium and mercury), 12% electronic boards (gold, palladium, silver and platinum) and 15% glass.
- Australia is one of the few developed countries that still allows ewaste to be dumped in landfill. This is broken up and over time leaches out into groundwater, contaminating soil, waterways and ultimately us & our children.
- A standard sized cathode ray tube (CRT) monitor contains more than two kilos of lead. The toxicity of lead has been well known for centuries, with children particularly susceptible to its effects. PC components contain other toxins such as mercury, phosphor, barium, cadmium, hexavalentchromium, beryllium and bromated flame retardants.
Phoneword Marketing provides Intellectual Property & Consulting Services to 1800EWASTE.
Call Phoneword Marketing on 1300 STRATEGY.
1800EWASTE launched in late 2007 with significant market penetration.