| 1800 REVERSE | 1300 RUBBISH | 1300 CAR LOAN |
| 1300 COURIER | 1800 EWASTE |
1800 REVERSE operates the leading reverse charge telephone services in Australia and the UK, enabling coinless calling from payphones and freecalls from out of credit prepaid mobiles.
1800 REVERSE launched in late 2000 with the first registered 1800 trademark in Australia. The branded phoneword gave an instant competitive advantage over the monopolist Telstra’s reverse charge service, 12550.
Nobody knew Telstra’s number off by heart but within 6 weeks 1800 REVERSE had 80% brand awareness and understanding plus number recall all in one fell swoop. This easy retention and recall was further enhanced by carefully selected and monitored media.
1800 REVERSE TV commercials have featured some of Australia’s leading talent including, sports personality Pat Rafter, and actress/singer Holly Valance. In November 2005 (five years after the original launch) 1800 REVERSE listed on the ASX as Reverse Corp Limited (ASX Code: REF).
Phoneword Marketing’s involvement with 1800REVERSE
Call Phoneword Marketing on 1300 STRATEGY.
- In 1999 Paul Byres completed his Master of Business (Marketing), receiving the Dean’s Award for Excellence
- He became the first employee in 2000, engaged to research and write the business plan then present his research to private investors and venture capitalists
- As Marketing Director, his key responsibilities included developing a launch Marketing & Media Strategy and monitoring its effectiveness
- In 2003, Paul became Group Marketing Director as the Company entered the British reverse charge market with the successful launch of 0800 REVERSE in Britain
- Paul was a Foundation Company Director until mid 2005